Waterplace nominated for prestigious showroom award
Aurora, Ohio — The Waterplace showroom of Crown Point, Ind., has been named a finalist for the 2019 Showroom of the Year Awards to be presented during Lightovation at the Dallas Market Center on June 19. This is the 10th year the awards have been presented, and the third consecutive year that Waterplace — a Luxury Products Group member — has been a finalist.
“Being recognized like this really motivates our team that work so hard to create a lasting memory for customers,” said Showroom Manager Doug Van Der Weide. “We realize that lasting memories come from an experience that provides a lasting emotional attachment to a material, product or person. So we treat each customer individually, and every project is thoroughly explored to determine the perfect match of style, design, color, price and functionality.
“Our showroom displays are strategically planned and designed for education and experience. Many are interactive, working displays, and we even have an ‘Experience Room’ that gives clients the opportunity to bring in a bathing suit and try products for themselves.”
To be nominated, showrooms are judged on various criteria, including:
- Merchandising display
- Marketing and advertising
- Customer service and engagement
- Employee education and motivation
- Community involvement.
Five finalists are selected in each of three categories — Revenue Under $2 Million, Revenue Under $5 Million and Revenue $5 Million and Over. The awards are sponsored by Furniture, Lighting & Decor magazine, Lightovation and the Dallas Market Center. All finalists are also eligible for three specialty awards — Outstanding Merchandising Display, Exceptional Community Involvement and Social Media Star. Waterplace is a previous winner of the Outstanding Merchandising Display award.
An accomplished panel of judges will judge each of these finalists:
- David Avrin, the Visibility Coach, is an expert in marketing and the customer experience.
- Brand and Business Strategist Jacqui Genow specializes in how the many pieces of the marketing puzzle fit together.
- Randall Whitehead, the Lighting Doctor known for his informational blogs and videos atFurniture, Lighting & Decor, is a professional lighting designer and author.